Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Nail Polishes

While China Glaze, OPI, and Orly nail polishes get a lot of love on many blogs for their wide variety of shades, Revlon nail polishes I find are not talked about enough - especially considering they are inexpensive, good quality, and have a long shelf-life. I find that with a good topcoat, they are chip-free for at least 3 days if not more. 

In the spirit of summer, I've been sporting bright colours (well, ok except for the middle one) on both my hands and feet. These particular colours look so good with my NC45 skin tone! Also, sorry for the terrible nail swatches! I'm clearly not the best manicurist!



Revlon Nail Polishes L to R: Craving Coral, Plum Night, Plum Seduction

Both Craving Coral and Plum Seduction are opaque in two coats, however, Plum Night is a bit streaky and requires 3 coats for an opaque colour. Time-consuming, but that beautiful eggplant colour you get is worth it.

All three polishes are the kind I would describe as making your feet look "clean". There is just a je-ne-sais-quois crispness about them that makes them awesome on the toes.

4 comments: