Monday, June 13, 2011

Current Favourites

Alright, I know I've been gone awhile...I blame my fourth (and last ) year of university as the cause. Let's just say that writing a thesis about a failed experiment is not fun. That, and I was away for 3 weeks traipsing around Italy and France right after my exams.

I'm back now and after reading some of my favourite blogs I was inspired to create a monthly roundup of cosmetics that I've been using lately.




Mac 'Club' - This was a recent purchase and I've had a lemming for it for a long time. It does not disappoint. I'm sure by now, if you've read many beauty blogs, you know that this is a very unique colour. Reddish brown with green duochrome. It pulls more green than I would like, but it makes a great wash of colour on the lid when you are in a rush and only have time for one eyeshadow. I have to say that the picture below does not do it justice and it's a very hard eyeshadow to photograph well.


Annabelle Quad with Mono Eyeshadows 'Vanilla Chilla', 'Bronzed Idol', 'So Foxy', 'Ebony' - I've had this quad for more than a year now and it has never left my makeup bag. I can't tell you how many times I've reached for this quad and still I have yet to hit pan. If you are in Canada, you NEED to get these eyeshadow pans. All of these shadows are intensely pigmented and buttery smooth and on par with Mac eyeshadows. Ebony is a dupe for Carbon and Bronzed Idol is right in between Mulch and Bronze.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - This product is great. It says what it does and gets rid of shine. I have combination skin (oily T-zone and dry cheeks) and this does not fail to keep my forehead, chin, and undereyes shine-free for the whole day. It does not leave a white cast even on my NC45 skin.

NYX Felt Tip Liner 'Jet Black' - Meh, is all I can say. The formula is not liquid-y enough for my liking and I find that the tip dries out after one eye application. This means more time wasted on putting the cap back on and shaking vigorously. Would not repurchase.

Annabelle Kohl Eyeliner 'Coffee' - I like the look of brown eyeliner in the summer but I've found most brown eyeliners not dark enough to give me definition. This is a very dark brown that gives me definition without the harshness of black. The formula is very smooth and does not require tugging to get pigmentation on the waterline.

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipgloss 'Hooked on Pink' - This is a true raspberry pink. I was expecting the formula to be more sheer and less sticky, but instead it is very pigmented and the formula is stickier than I would like. I wouldn't repurchase but I can work with it by using a clear gloss or balm underneath.

Covergirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation '365 Chestnut' - THE best drugstore foundation period. Very lightweight but provides all the coverage you need. It has a pleasant floral fragrance that is not irritating. It's not a completely matte foundation, but it's close. I love the packaging because it's hygienic and easy to control how much product comes out. In the winter my shade is '360 Nutmeg', but since my Italy trip I've gotten quite  a tan.

Bourjois Blush 'Cendre de Roses Brune' - I've heard that Bourjois is made by the makers of Chanel, so I was excited to get my hands on one of these. I was not impressed by the shimmery blushes as they contained too much glitter. This shade, however, is matte and would be a cool-toned pink. It's VERY pigmented so you need a light hand to apply this shade. Really nice rose/floral scent.


Current TV Favourite - Game of Thrones, best show I've seen in a long time! I like it more than True Blood!! I love fantasy books and I love that it is set in medieval times. There is so much intrigue and action and the acting is great! The show is based on the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. I've started reading the first book and it's great! A page-turner for sure!

Current Blogger Favourite - Makeup Savvy. The pictures are drool worthy and it does not help my makeup shopping habit! She makes me want to buy everything! Not good for the wallet but a great read!

There you have it! A nice long post after a nice long hiatus! I have so many ideas for blog posts so keep reading!

4 comments:

  1. I have club but i always forget about it.. It is such a pretty shade.. Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do u by any chance have twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Delyteful Speaks
    Thank you so much for following the blog! It's really encouraging reading your comments! I don't have twitter unfortunately :( It wasn't something I ever got into. Plus, I'm plugged into the computer enough as it is (i.e. blog reading and Youtube)...ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to thank me hun.. Everything I say to you, I say with from the heart with all honesty..

    The reason I asked you about twitter was because I think it'll really help you promote your blog and get more followers..

    And I on my side will do what I can to get more peolpe to check out your blog coz I truly honestly think that it's a great blog that deserves more attention

    ReplyDelete