Monday, June 27, 2011

Mini CCO Haul (Pic Heavy)

My family and I went to Pittsburgh this weekend and while there we stayed at a hotel that happened to be right across from a Tangers Outlet (Washington, PA). Score!

Of course, the store I was most looking forward to was the CCO. I think I stared at the MAC counter for a good half an hour. Here are the fruits of my trip:
















MAC Eyeshadow "Glamour Check!"
I first saw this on allcosmeticswholesale and then I started to hear about it through Youtube from Laura (lollipop26) and Amy (amynicolax). It's a starflash finish and this is honestly the most buttery eyeshadow I own. It's highly pigmented and the swatch above is me just barely touching the pan. It's a gorgeous rosy bronze metallic eyeshadow. I'm definitely excited to use this and I think it would look great on the lower lash line. $10.25

MAC Eyeshadow "Warming Trend"  
This is from the Cool Heat collection and I would describe this as a very light taupe frost. It has warm undertones and looks great as either a highlight or a wash of colour on the lid. $10.25

MAC #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush
As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. I think I'll be using this for foundation, but this looks like it could be a great multi-tasker- cream blush, highlighter, contouring. Most reviews I've read recommend this for foundation those (especially liquid). Because it's small I expect it to be able to reach the crevices of my face better. $29.50

Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick "Crystal Rose"
Another MLBB pinky brown colour. Nice moisturizing formula with sheer wash of colour and a glossy sheen, however it has a strange smell/taste...kind of like old school makeup smell...$17.50

MAC Lustre Lipstick "Viva Glam VI Special Edition"
A blue-toned pink which just brightens the natural tone of my lips and also provides a nice sheen. The lustre finish is not as moisturizing as the cremeblend finish but still provides ample pigmentation which can be built from sheer to semi-opaque. $10.25

That's a wrap! I took some sneak shots of the CCO with my cellphone but I'm having trouble uploading them so I'll see if I can add it in the next few days. I hope you guys are having a wonderful day!! xx

3 comments:

  1. Glamour Check looks like my kinda shade.. I've never come across it before.. Will definitely have to check it out next time I'm at MAC

    And I totally agree with you on the EL crystal Rose smell.. It's a lovely lipstick but the smell/taste just puts me off

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Delyteful Speaks

    I was hoping it would smell nice and vanilla-y like MAC lipsticks...fail

    Glamour Check is unfortunately discontinued but CCOs always have it in stock! Such an underrated colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh maaaan! That's too bad about Glamour Check.. We don't have CCOs here.. Oh well I'm sure I'll live =P

    ReplyDelete