Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chorale for Coral!

Springtime is here! Well, according to the calendar anyway...take a look at Canada's version of spring:

People in Ottawa were hit with another dump of snow overnight which caused problems for commuters of all types Thursday morning. Here, Herb Weber is almost obscured by snow while clearing his driveway in the Glebe

Ah well, at least it's not slush...yet! Here's hoping to no more snow! So to mark the onset of spring, I wanted to share my favourite spring blushes. Obviously I do wear these here and there throughout the year, but lately I've really been into orange-toned blushes for spring. I think seeing coral shirts everywhere in the malls has definitely influenced me makeup-wise. 


 Clockwise from top: Boots No7 "Honey", MAC "Peaches", Nacara "Annapurna", elf "Candid Coral"

All of these blushes are matte except for Candid Coral, which has microfine gold shimmer running through it. In these photos, Honey and Peaches look almost the same, but in real life, Peaches is more orange and brighter in tone, whereas Honey contains more brown undertones (I would say it is extremely similar to MAC's Melba).

I love pairing these blushes with a smoky olive-brown eye! Khaki and coral are definitely the two hit colours of Spring 2011!

2 comments:

  1. i looove peachy coraly blushes! And your collection is so nice!

    You should check out Illamasqua's powder blush in Lover.. It's such a nice bright peach.. Or Excite which is a deeper peach.. Illamasqua's blushes are so pigmented and stay put all day..

    I'm on the lookout for a corally non-shimmery blush tho.. I thot Mac's Fluer Power would be it but it's a little on the pinky side..

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAC's Peaches definitely will fit the bill! It's a sheertone so you won't have to worry about overdoing your blush and it has a matte finish which feels super silky!

    ReplyDelete