Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dupe Alert! Dior Amber Diamond

The latest craze in the beauty world is Dior's Shimmer Powder in Amber Diamond, a beautiful peach highlighter that adds that J-Lo glow! 


Well, I want that glow too! But I'm not ready to shell out a whopping $42 for a product I only sometimes use (I don't wear highlighters on a daily basis). But ladies and gentlemen, I think I've found a dupe that--can you believe it--might even top Amber Diamond.


It's Marcelle's Multi-Colour Face Powder in Luminous Veil, which recently launched as part of their new Spring 2011 line. 






As you can see, it has very similar tones, but I would say that Amber Diamond is slightly deeper in the pan. On the skin though, both swatch exactly the same:





I tried out Amber Diamond at Sephora and what I noticed is that although the powder is soft and finely-milled, I could still find visible chunks of glitter. This is something I couldn't detect with Marcelle's Luminous Veil both in the swatch above and on my face; it also did not appear ashy on my NC45 skintone. At $17 CDN, the only downside to this product is that it is only available in Canada. 

Head over to your local Shoppers Drug Mart or Rexall and grab this before it's gone!

2 comments:

  1. Wrote a review on the Amber Diamond and trust me when it's on your face, there's absolutely no glitter! Just a lovely sheen.. But your Marcelle Luminous Veil looks like a great dupe for it!

    Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete