Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What's in my Travel Makeup Bag + Project Bottleneck (Empties) #2

You may have noticed the rash of makeup bag posts in the last little while and I thought I'd join in on the bandwagon. This came at a perfect time as I was in London, Ontario for the weekend visiting my brother. I suppose travel "makeup" is a misnomer since I've combined both my skincare and makeup in one bag.

 

The bag - I got this as a freebie from a Body Shop bath set a long time ago. I like that it's mesh because I can see everything, yet it's not as tacky as clear plastic. 


The goods...


Aren't you proud? This is all the makeup I took!


L'Oreal True Match Compact Makeup in C6 Soft Sable - One of my favourite foundations of all time. It's no fuss, natural, buildable coverage with SPF, and it matches my skintone perfectly.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - I mentioned this before in my Current Faves post, but I'll say it again. It doesn't make my skin look ashy, and it keeps my foundation on all day. You can use it as blot powder too!

MAC Blush in Desert Rose - This product is not mentioned too often in the blogging community but it's a nice bright yellow-toned pink with peachy undertones. It's a matte finish and I find the product so easy to work with and blendable. Definitely check this out if you have darker skin tones!


L'Oreal Infallible Eyeliner in Brown - I talked about this in the previous post. It's not the best brown eyeliner I have, but I brought it with me so I can use it up

L'Oreal Lineur Intense Eyeliner - Again after doing my eyeliner post and comparing all the liners I have side by side, I wanted to pay attention to this more. However, it looks more glossy on the lid than it does swatched on my hand, so again, not my fave, but I'll use it up. 

Benefit Eyeshadow in Rich Beach - So buttery soft and the colour is like MAC's Tempting without the glitter and a bit less gold and more brown. I wanted simple makeup for the weekend so I opted to bring only one eyeshadow.


Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream - This is an all-purpose product. I use it as a lip balm, cuticle cream, mosquito bites, etc. Smells like real lemon not artificial

Dior Addict Lipstick in Blush - I need to buy MORE!! This is the best lipstick formula I've ever tried: glossy, pigmented, line-filling, beautiful iridescent packaging, I could go on and on...why must you be $30??!!

C.O Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine in Violet Mint - This is soo minty it almost burns! I still love it though because of that. Very glossy without being too sticky and it freshens my breath!


Vichy Eau Thermale - This looks like limited edition packaging, but I bought it for the travel size. Not as nice as the Evian spray (which I will repurchase once I'm done this) and tastes kind of salty/mineral-y...

La Roche Posay Toleriane Fluide - Great moisturizer for redness-prone skin (a la moi), but again I pay so much for such a small volume (40mL). I like it better than Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I got this in a trial set, but apparently the full-size is also 40mL!

La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel - Meh. Nice, but nothing special. Got this as a bonus when I bought my Effaclar Duo (which I have yet to try because of Project Bottleneck).

Secret "Baby Powder" Deodorant - I will only use Secret deodorant, I do hereby swear.

Bioderma Sensibio H2O Solution Micellaire - I am forever changed by eau micellaires makeup removers. However, this was not my first cleansing water...review coming soon.


Project Bottleneck #2 - I only finished 4 products in 2 months! Yikes, looks like this will take a while. The thing is I have a lot of bath products that are half done, so I'm rotating through them. I would not repurchase any of these products again except for the Deep Clean scrub. Why? The others are nothing special. There is no wow factor in neither their function nor their scents. This seems to be the case with a lot of Body Shop bath products...

I hope you enjoyed this post! I love what's in my makeup bag posts because I'm nosy like that!

3 comments:

  1. MAC desert rose never caught my attention.. But a yello-toned pink blush? That sure sounds great! Will check it out! Would you be able to show swatches by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hun! Sure thing! I've actually been using this blush recently in a cheek combo so I will post about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of Project Bottleneck, especially for bath products. I seem to collect them as well and need the extra push to really use them up! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete