Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Argan Oil Hype

I have a lot of hair. It's thick, it's long, and it feels dehydrated. So I finally caved in to the moroccan oil frenzy and decided to try me some argan. I found these two products, the first from Shoppers Drug Mart and the second from Winners, and I'm excited to try them out on my hair to really test and see if they are "miracle" hair products.



Naturelle d'Argan was a great find as it claims to be 100% Moroccan argan oil and is even "made in Morocco". So I saved myself quite a bit of cash by not buying the Morracanoil brand.

I've used other oil in my hair before such as coconut oil and almond oil. While they hydrated my hair, I still found them to be quite heavy and they made my hair greasy within 2 days of washing and applying. I've tried the argan oil once so far, and I can feel that it is more viscous and it feels like a "drier" oil, if that makes sense.

I have yet to see magic happen, but I will update you guys on my hair's progress, haha. As for the product packaging itself, for $14 it feels quite expensive. Naturelle d'Argan has a frosted glass bottle packaging with a pump dispenser which releases the perfect amount of oil.

The Live Clean Argan Oil Leave-in Conditioner is a spray that you shake before applying. I find the spray to be way less error-prone, since if you get too trigger-happy with the oil, you can accidentally make your hair too greasy and you have to re-wash it. But then again, the spray contains other ingredients in addition to argan oil, so perhaps it's not as "healthy" or "organic" for your hair.

Overall, I'm happy with the packaging, but I will have to test these in the long term to see if they are up to snuff.

7 comments:

  1. Ive had a hair heat detox for almost a month now. Its been hard but my hair certainly feels good for it! I highly reccommend to inject some life into it :)

    http://aspirationsofglam.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also heard a lot about the argan oil. I use the Moroccan oil Every once in awhile, I'll have to they this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarah
    Argan oil and Moroccan oil are the same thing, Moroccan oil is just a brand of argan oil. Has it helped your hair?
    Thanks for commenting on my blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @AspirationsOfGlam

    If only it were that simple...I actually rarely use heat on my hair. I towel dry after washing and I only straighten my hair for special occasions.
    I think it must be the dry heat weather we've been having, plus there was winter before that!
    Thanks for reading my blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Update pretty please? I have long, dry hair and would love to know. Thanks!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please let us know how these products worked out for you? I wish you started posting on your blog again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is really helpful xx Would love to see what results you get xx
    I wanted to invite you to check out my fab 200 follower giveaway the winner will receive £50 Mac products of their choice and a fantastic OPI designer nail polish xx Maybe we could follow each other through twitter,GFC and bloglovin xx Hope to see you over at my blog xx

    ReplyDelete